Mason’s Cause Bereavement Grant Guidelines
Through generous donations and fundraising efforts, Mason’s Cause has begun a bereavement grant program to help assist families with the financial burdens associated with the death of a child. While we wish that we could help every bereaved family, we have set the following guidelines to ensure our grant program is aligned with our mission and the expectations of our supporters.
* Funds from our program will be paid directly to the funeral home to cover the explicit costs associated with burial or cremation.
* We serve families who have suffered stillbirth or whose child passed on or before his/her 1 year birthday. This includes preterm deliveries that result in the loss of an infant.
* As our funds are limited, we sincerely ask that only families who have a true financial need utilize our services.
* Because of the nature of our funding, there is no guarantee that there always be sufficient funding available for every applicant.
*As family needs will differ, each application is carefully reviewed by the Mason’s Cause Board in the order it was received to gather information and assure our donors that families seeking assistance are aligned with our mission.
*Mason’s Cause Inc reserves the right to ask for proof of financial need (for example: a W-2 form) if necessary.
* We aim to help families within the first days of their loss, therefore it is of great importance that families wishing to receive a grant contact us as soon as possible.
Please contact Kari Bundy (email@example.com) directly with more questions or to apply for a grant. Please be sure to put “GRANT APPLICATION” in the subject line to assist us in a timely response.